Monday, October 17, 2005

thank you henri cartier bresson, 1952


i am still figuring out how to get my camera and computer to talk together, and cooperate, so for today you will have to put up with a photo from Henri Cartier Bresson instead of me. The Ile de la Cite really does still look like this, and Paris is just this foggy in the morning, as I realized when I walked across the bridges to the Jardin du Luxembourg yesterday. So I waited until almost twilight to sit in the gardens facing a cool wet purple bed of flowers, a fountain, and cross-hatched geometric lines scratching the sky of jet fuel exhaust. very paul klee. this until i was booted out of the park by policemen wearing boxy charles-de-gaulle hats and blowing whistles at us all, because the sun was setting.

also here is some more Einstein, which I find very amusing...is he tongue-in-cheek or not? who knows!! the man was born in 1879; i don't understand people from other centuries...

  • "With fame I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon."

  • "There is only one road to human greatness: through the schools of hard knocks."
  • i thought it was just my dad who said things like this.

  • "I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves- such an ethical basis I call the ideal of a pigsty…The ideals which have guided my way, and time after time have given me the energy to face life, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth."
  • the worst part is, he's probably right...

  • "Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation. "
  • it's hard being an introvert

  • "I never worry about the future. It comes soon enough."

  • "In the last analysis everyone is a human being, whether he is an American or a German, a Jew or a Gentile. If it were possible to hold only this worthy point of view, I would be a happy man."
  • apropos after my recent horrrendous immigration ordeal. when i walk down the street i now identify with anyone who looks like a recent immigrant, especially those of peuple du sud... probably to their immense confusion!...

    Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) the fifties!

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Cus said...

    Hi there. Your blog is great I will bookmark it and try to return. If you like to use eBay, I'm sure you'd be interested in this. Make money on eBay. Come over and see. Make money on eBay.

    3:47 AM  
    Blogger jeff said...

    . So I waited until almost twilight to sit in the gardens facing a cool wet purple bed of flowers, a fountain, and cross-hatched geometric lines scratching the sky of jet fuel exhaust. very paul klee. this until i was booted out of the park by policemen wearing boxy charles-de-gaulle hats and blowing whistles at us all, because the sun was setting.
    (that was a funny image)

    5:01 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home